In My Mailbox hosted by The Story Siren is a way to share what new books we each got during the week. They could be purchased by from you, gifted to you, borrowed from the library, family or friend, and they can even be emailed to you.
As many of you know I have been trying to re-build my library from scratch. So, I have been shopping on eBay trying to replace what was taken from me and hope to save a little money doing it. I had spent sooo much money and time the first time around, I just don't have the stomach, wallet, or time to do it this second time around. Fortunately, I didn't have to do it all by myself. Even after all this time, I am still amazed how supportive and generous the book blogging community truly is.
I know this is a little bit late, but with everything else that was taken, so was my camera. So, I had to wait till I had access to one. So I apologize for not posting sooner. There are several people that I would like to thank for their generosity.
Books I Received
First, I would like to thank Michelle from Michelle's Book Blog for the following books. When I received the box, it wasn't huge...but when I opened it....Holy Moly! I still haven't a clue how she fit all those books into the small box. I tried several times to put them back in and I felt like I was failing one of those IQ test. You know the ones where the blocks on fit a certain way. Let's just say, I am not a genius, but she might be.
1. Jordan by Susan Kearney
2. Rion by Susan Kearney
3. Lucan by Susan Kearney
4. My Favorite Witch by Annette Blair
5. The Kitchen Witch by Annette Blair
6. 50 Ways To Hex Your Lover by Linda Wisdom
7. Hex In High Heels by Linda Wisdom
8. Hex Appeal by Linda Wisdom
9. The Dangerous Book For Demon Slayers by Angie Fox
10. A Tale Of Two Demon Slayers by Angie Fox
11. Don't Kill The Messenger by Eileen Rendahl
12. Romancing The Dead by Tate Hallaway
13. Tall, Dark, and Dead by Tate Hallaway
14. Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson
15. WInter Kiss by Deborah Cooke
16. Kiss of Fate by Deborah Cooke
17. The Red Hear of Jade by Marjorie M Liu
18. The Fire King by Marjorie M Liu
19. Thunder Moon by Lori Handeland
20. Moon Cursed by Lori Handeland
21. Retribution by Jeanne C. Stein
22. Legacy by Jeanne C. Stein
23. Blood Spells by Jessica Andersen
24. Sky Keepers by Jessica Andersen
25. Catch of a Lifetime by Judi Fennell
26. Wild Blue Under by Judi Fennell
27. Dark Lover by Brenda Joyce
28. Dark Victory by Brenda Joyce
29. Secrets in the Shadows by Jenna Black
30. The Devil's Due by Jenna Black
31. The Vampire's Bride by Gena Showalter
32. The Secret Life of a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks
33. Master of Smoke by Angela Knight
34. Master of Fire by Angela Knight
35. Touch of Darkness by C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp
36. In The Blood by Savannah Russe
37. Born of Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon
38. Her Vampire Husband by Michele Hauf
39. Eternal by V.K. Forrest
40. Vampire Dragon by Annette Blair
41. Demon Inside by Stacia Kane
42. Kissing Midnight by Emma Holly
43. Heart of a Wolf by Terry Spear
44. Eternal Craving by Nina Bangs
45. Zen is the Art of Vampires by Katie MacAlister
46. Ruthless Game by Christine Feehan
47. Witch In The House by Judith McKnight
48. Hallowed Circle by Linda Robertson
49. Red Kiss by Diedre Knight
1. Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding
2. As Lie the Dead by Kelly Meding
3. Another Kind of Dead by Kelly Meding
4. Midnight Pleasures by
5. The Challenge by Susan Kearney
6. Kill Me First by Kate Morganroth
7. Breaking Midnight by Emma Holly
8. Wild Fire by Chrisitne Feehan
9. Heart of Darkness by
Vigil by Robert Masello
11. The Quest by Susan Kearney
12. Writ in Blood by James A. Moore
13. A Killing Rain by P.J. Parrish
I also received a box of books from Sara M from Sara's Urban Fantasy Blog. The Kat Richardson books replaced the ones I lost and the other books were ones that were on my wishlist. Thank you Sara.
1. Ghost of a Chance by Yasmine Galenorn
2. Legend of the Jade Dragon by Yasmine Galenorn
3. Murder Under a Mystic Moon by Yasmine Galenorn
4. Vanished by Kat Richardson
Underground by Kat Richardson
6. Greywalker by Kat Richardson
7. Poltergeist by Kat Richardson
I can't begin to express the feelings I have. Only that I am all warm and fuzzy knowing that there are people out there who are compassionate, supportive, and understanding. I hope one day I have the opporunity to pay it forward.
Books I Bought
Because I had been working my ass off so much. I did some shopping on Ebay this last week or two. I managed to hit quite a few deals.
1. The Shifter Series by Rachel Vincent.
I originally had the whole series, but never got a chance to read them all. I am happy I found this series at such a great price. Now, I will have the opportunity.
2. Werewolf Series by Terry Spear
As many of you know...this is one of my favorite authors. The first time around, I had a difficult time getting some of her books...This time, I was fortunate enough to outbid others on Ebay for the whole set. YAY me.
3. The Jill Kismet Series by Lilith Saintcrow.
I didin't get the whole series, but a lot of the first 4 books. I am hoping I will be able to pick up Heaven's Spite before the next book Angel Town comes out. I have also been watching for a lot containing her Dante Valentine Series. I don't think a library should be without these urban fantasy novels.
As for receiving books for review....I haven't really been taking all that many. I need to get used to managing my time. I haven't had a job for years and years...and now all of a sudden I am working my ass off...It takes a little getting used to. I think once things settle down...I will have a handle on it.
Once again...to Michelle, Kelly Meding, and Sara M. Thank you all soooo much. I really do appreciate all that you have done. *hugs*
What did you get in your mailbox? Did you purchase something that you want to share? Come on tell us, inquiring minds want to know.
Make Your Reservations! - Well, it's time again to mark your calendars and Make Your Reservations for January! We are going to start off the new year with some great books! Here are ...
2 hours ago